APEEE Services: Exceptional safety measures for School year 2020-2021
We would like to inform you that the APEEE has adopted exceptional measures in order to comply with the directives of the School and to comply with the recommendations of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in relation to the start of the school year 2020-2021.
These include in particular:
- The respect of safety rules in terms of hygiene by all staff working for the APEEE, in particular through the wearing of masks and regular disinfection of hands;
- A declaration of honour signed by all APEEE employees regarding their state of health and compliance with the prerequisites for employment on Belgian territory in a situation of deconfinement - phase 4;
- The respect of specific protocols by all staff of the APEEE Ixelles for the smooth running of its operations as outlined on the sectoral pages on the website;
- The sanitation of all objects and surfaces used at the beginning and end of each operation in all services;
- Specific changes to each service in order to respect the distance of 1.5m, where necessary;
- Hand sanitiser dispensers placed at strategic points at the disposal of pupils;
- Measures to simplify and streamline the flow of traffic at entry and exit with a view to avoiding congestion.
We invite you to consult detailed information on the special measures adopted by each service:
Four things to remember:
- Please provide your children with several face masks, as they are not provided by the school or the APEEE services. Face masks are not to be thrown away at school. If a pupil wishes to change the face mask, they are asked to place the old face mask in their bag and throw it away at home.
- Access to the school is forbidden to parents; children can now be picked up outside the school, especially after extracurricular activities.
- Due to the increased number of cars parking around the school premises to drop off children in the morning and to pick them up in the afternoon, and in order to avoid traffic jams in the vicinity of the school, please make appropriate arrangements to be on time.
- All snack and water dispensers will be emptied: don't forget to provide your children with water bottles and possibly with some extra snacks!